2010-06-11

Kieswetter now eyeing Prior's Ashes place

London, June 11 : England wicketkeeper Craig Kieswetter, who has been catapulted into the national one-day team, has said that his ultimate dream is to fly Down Under as the wicketkeeper for the Ashes series.

Kieswetter has replaced regular wicketkeeper Matt Prior in the 13-man one-day squad for the upcoming five-match home series against Australia.

“I would love to be on the plane to Australia. I feel I’m doing the right things, but it’s going to be down to how I perform when I get a chance. I hope they take two keepers on tour,” The Sun quoted Kieswetter, as saying.

“Matt is No 1 right now and there are a couple of people, including me, trying to fight for that next spot,” he added.

The 22-year-old further said that to fulfill his dream he has been working hard with England wicketkeeping coach Bruce French.

“I wouldn''t say Matt is a better wicketkeeper than me. He has probably been a bit more consistent than I have, but I’m training really hard,” Kieswetter said.

“I don’t really keep an eye on Matt’s performances. I have to keep myself to myself, keep my head down and train hard. I want to be playing all forms of the game for as long as I can. I have two out of three now,” he added.

He also admits that to play Test cricket, he would have to score a lot more runs and be consistent in his wicketkeeping.

England face Scotland in a one-day international in Edinburgh on June 19 before taking on Australia in the series opener in Hampshire on June 22.

Squad: Andrew Strauss (captain), Craig Kieswettter (wicketkeeper), Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Paul Collingwood, Eoin Morgan, Luke Wright, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, Ryan Sidebottom, James Anderson and Michael Yardy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons